Wednesday, January 14, 2015

BLT Mac n Cheese, Chocolate Chip Raspberries and MORE Good Stuff!

Well hello there!
I stumbled on a recipe today that has me curious.
BLT Macaroni and Cheese!
I mean, talk about a double whammy of comfort food.....
Bacon, Lettuce and Tomato Sandwich and Macaroni and Cheese.
Love 'em both!
I haven't made it yet but I think maybe one of these days soon I will:)
BLT Mac n Cheese
YUMMY!!!
BLT Macaroni-n-Cheese   
 Ingredients:
1 loaf (32 oz) prepared cheese product, cut into large cubes
1/4 cup butter
4 cups whole milk
* 1/8-1/4 tsp ground mustard (optional)
1 package (16 oz) elbow macaroni
2 cups shredded sharp Cheddar cheese (8 oz)
2 cups small cherry tomatoes
1 bag (9 oz) fresh spinach (or lettuce of choice)
1 lb bacon, crisply cooked, crumbled
1 cup plain or Italian-style panko crispy bread crumbs
* * Personally, I will saute chopped onions in a bit of butter to add to this dish.
Directions:
1.  In microwavable bowl, place cheese cubes, butter and milk. Microwave uncovered on High 8 to 10 minutes, stirring with whisk at the 4 minute interval.   Stir again after 8-10 minutes; repeat microwaving until all cheese is melted and mixture can be stirred smooth, 
a total of about 15 minutes.  Stir in ground mustard if desired.
 * If you prefer, melt cheese on the stove top.  
2.  Heat oven to 350°F. Cook macaroni in boiling salted water 3 minutes less than directed on box (macaroni should be firm). Drain; place in 15x10-inch (4-quart) glass baking dish. Pour melted cheese sauce over macaroni; mix well. Stir in shredded cheese, tomatoes and spinach.
3Cover dish with foil; bake 30 minutes. Uncover; sprinkle bacon and bread crumbs evenly over top. Bake 5 minutes longer or until top is lightly browned. Cool at least 10 minutes before serving.
source: adapted from a recipe found on Betty Crocker

don't stop here!
after this munchkin you'll find one of our favorite treats.......
mini bulldog puppy

Chocolate Chip Raspberries!
white chocolate raspberries
Pretty self-explanatory.......
We used white chocolate chips but have used dark and milk chocolate also.
All three are Goooood!
Just clean the strawberries, place a chip in each and pop 'em in!
(I've probably shared this on here but it's worth repeating:)

Hmmmmm....what else can I pass on.......
Got it!
If y'all are like me, you get MAJOR cravings!!!!!
What to do, what to do!
How about this?
Cure Cravings
Cure cravings and get water down.....works for me.
At least, I hope it does!!

I leave you with this little gem from the beloved Dr. Seuss.
(i think he's genius:)
Dr. Seuss Quote

XOXOXO
Suzanne

No comments:

Post a Comment

So, what do ya think? Do tell...I'd love to hear it:) Be Happy...

Follow Me on Pinterest

Blog Top Sites