Tuesday, March 20, 2012

My Mom.....

is celebrating her birthday today!
as if we didn't before, 
i think i speak for all of my sisters when i say
that more then ever,
we appreciate and LOVE our Mom.
we are so blessed to have her in our lives and to be able to call her 
our MOM!
let me tell you a few things about her.

My Mom.....makes the BEST 
mashed potatoes with gravy and strawberry shortcake
....grew up in Michigan
....is the best gift wrapper i know....always wanted to be a nurse
.....has a great laugh....has more energy than i do (FOR SURE)
....always volunteered for my class at school....(i especially remember seeing her
in the hallway waving to me during the halloween costume parade)....
....once broke her toe when a huge boulder rolled on it
....likes shabby chic

....loves to read magazines
....loves her some BLING on an outfit
 (okay...maybe not this kind of bling:)
....made the BEST school lunches
....hates shellfish....can sew....knits great washcloths
....loved baskin-robbins JAMOCHA almond fudge ice cream

.....doesn't know how pretty she is
....let me be a tomboy
....plays the piano
....loves to SING
....likes riding her bike....loves a good bargain
....always has ice cream in the house
....still experiments with make-up
....is a good sport
....always kept us a special home
....likes a good nutty donut
....loves to hang out with her girls
....is a great grandma
....buys great presents
....has the kind of skin that tans beautifully
more than anything, she
....loves her family
.....loves the Lord
that's MY MOM!

even though times are tough...
you are not alone.
not really.
just as you have been there for us,
we are there for you.
might be by phone....
but we are there...and WE LOVE YOU!
Happy Birthday
xoxoxo

8 comments:

  1. Suzanne- This post brought tears to my eyes. I hope someday my girls think about me as kindly as you do about your Mom. What a loving, generous woman she is...no wonder you have turned out to be the sweet, lovely person you are. She is a beautiful lady! xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a sweet post! A big Happy Birthday to your Mom! Hugs, Linda

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Sis...you said it so well about Mom and yes we do all appreciate her so much more! Mom and I had a great time together today and yet as we were going to lunch she wanted to go the scenic way and we both had a lump in our throat as the last time we were on that road was during the many times we went to see Dad in the hospital....but we still made it a good day! It was a record breaking day for heat in Mi today and the sunrise was spectacular! Thanks for putting into words what all of us feel!

    hugs
    KathyK

    ReplyDelete
  4. Suzanne, what an incredible message of your Mom. She's very beautiful! I wish my Mom lived close to me...she's several hundred miles away. Your blessed with a wonderful family. Tell her happy birthday.
    Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh what a beautiful post and what a beautiful Mom! Happy Birthday to your beautiful Mom. She loved my favorite ice cream too! She did a wonderful job to have such a sweet daughter as you! Have a wonderful day. Hugs, Terri

    ReplyDelete
  6. How sweet is your post about your mother. My relationship with m own mom isn't the best. So glad to see that some are the real thing.
    Love the Easter bonnets.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderful, touching post. So enjoyed it...I feel like I know your mom. My mom is awesome as well and has many of the same traits. Jamocha Almond Fudge is my very favorite ice cream of all time. Just stopped by my local BR last week when we had 80 degrees in Michigan in March! Thanks for such a fun post!

    ReplyDelete

So, what do ya think? Do tell...I'd love to hear it:) Be Happy...

Follow Me on Pinterest

Blog Top Sites