Tuesday, January 3, 2012

lessons in decorating from a country girl/surfer girl/cowgirl....

a new year...
time to take a look around the old house and see what others see.
i've always wondered if a stranger could walk in our home and
learn who we were....what we like....stuff like that.
i think they could.
but nothing like when you walk into my 14 year old's bedroom!
now she REALLY knows how to bring her 
personality into a room.
see for yourself...
come on in and meet my 
Country Girl/Surfer Girl/Cowgirl!

first of all, her room is painted mermaid blue/green.
and all mermaids are welcome:)

this is the first thing you see when you walk in...
her MUCH LOVED surfboard,  guitar, cowboy hat and
FAVORITE new sign from the Junk Gypsies...
Cowgirls are Forever.
 
take a closer look at the guitar case and you'll find out she is also a
huge Florida Gator fan, loves to watch Swamp People (me and Taylor like it too:)
and also, like her mama...LOVES the Junk Gypsies!

moving on...
she has a little VINTAGE vanity/writing desk where she does school,
while looking at her art gallery wall and especially at her favorite
country singer, Luke Bryan:)
every good beach lover/surfer girl has this poster, right?:)

next up, her own little pinboard...
with everything from tickets to her sister's ballet performances,
to a painting she bought in Paris.
to a photo card of her grandparents.
in the corner of her room sits a VERY important part of her life...
her tennis gear!

okay, so she doesn't have a huge room.
but she managed to get her dream bed in it...
a cream iron bed with twinkle lights on it...
and the coziest BOHO comforter from Anthropology!

by the bed, a lamp from World Market that she picked out,
as well as her iphone and a little statue of Jesus 
that she bought with her very own
dollar at the dollar tree when she was 4!
so what do we learn there...she is a young lady of FAITH...
and likes a variety of styles...
from vintage to shabby chic to surfer style to boho.
even her bed pillows say something...
that she loves dogs and
that she is still only 14 and not afraid to show that part of her childhood.

just a few more things that tell you a bit about my girl....
she's not afraid to show what she believes.

she LOVES anything Union Jack...

 she loves inspirational quotes...
 and last but not least...
she'll always be my little girl:)
so there you have it...a lesson in decorating from a 14 year old girl.
she shows that it isn't about walking into a furniture store
and buying what they put together...
but putting together your OWN style from the things you love.
and then when someone walks in they look around and like i do, they say
a really COOL person lives here!
 someone who knows what they like and isn't afraid to show it!
if only we all could decorate like that.
but HEY...it is a new year...
so give it a try:)
XOXOXOXOXO
Suzanne...Country Girl/Surfer Girl/Cowgirl's mama:)

4 comments:

  1. Totally awesome room :-) I wish my parents would have let me express myself through my room decorating when I was younger...But then again, I shared my room with my two sisters...I think they knew it would have been total caos if we all tried to express our very different tastes in one little space...Hee, hee, hee. Thank you for stopping by for a visit Suzanne. Wishing you a wonderful day.

    Hugs and Kisses,
    ♥Ana

    ReplyDelete
  2. WHy does this make me teary eyed? LOVE teenagers and their styles. I have to help my son find a way to express himself too! Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great Mom you are, your girls will love you for all that you let your girls express.

    My daughter has her tennis gear tucked away and out daily for Tennis.

    Love the lit up surf board :)

    Thank you for your visit to my place, its encouraging when I gets beautiful visits like yours.
    xoxo
    Dore

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh so nice Suzanne.I remember the days fixing up my girls rooms.You have a new look here it looks sweet.I hope you are enjoying your days.

    Happy New Year to you!

    ReplyDelete

So, what do ya think? Do tell...I'd love to hear it:) Be Happy...

Follow Me on Pinterest

Blog Top Sites