Friday, September 3, 2010

Life at the Old Apple Farm...

Hi...
My name is Annabelle.




I live in a barn on the Old Apple Farm.
Today is special because the Barn Chicks are talking about 2 things I love...
Barns and Apples!

So come on...
Follow me and a few of my friends...


We need to go check out our barn and pick some apples to make some
YUMMY treats!!!

Some people would say we need our barn fixed up...
But we love it like this...


It has "character", isn't that what they say?

Here is another picture of our barn...


This may look like an old barn window to you but it's our little window to the world!



Ahhhhh....life really is good on our farm.



If you visit us, maybe you can go to our Mommy's house.
(or the house she WOULD have in another life...one of them...like the one she is imagining right now;)



Maybe if you're lucky, you'll get to go inside and see what a farmhouse looks like...






...complete with a warm apple pie scented candle burning...



...and a pair of cute pups;)


Apples...Did somebody say apples?



We LOVE apples around here...



A perfect day would include one (or ALL) of these...

Curl up with a mug of hot caramel apple cider...



And on THIS farm, warm cinnamon donuts go with everything!



Oh...and apple fritters too. Can't forget yummy apple fritters!



Mmmm...this doesn't look half bad either, does it?


But sometimes, simple is best.
Like this caramel apple...



It's no wonder we like life in our old barn...
on the Old Apple Farm!
So thanks for stopping by...
And come again when you can stay awhile.
If you get hungry, maybe you can make some of this...

APPLE GINGERBREAD COBBLER

1 (14-ounce) package gingerbread mix, divided
3/4 cup water
1/4 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
1/2 cup butter, divided
1/2 cup chopped pecans (optional)
2 (21-ounce) cans apple pie filling

Preparation:
Stir together 2 cups gingerbread mix and 3/4 cup water until smooth; set mixture aside.
Stir together remaining gingerbread mix and brown sugar; cut in 1/4 cup butter until mixture is crumbly. Stir in chopped pecans; set pecan mixture aside.
Combine apple pie filling and remaining 1/4 cup butter in a large saucepan, and cook, stirring often, 5 minutes over medium heat or until thoroughly heated. Spoon hot apple pie filling mixture evenly into a lightly greased 11- x 7-inch baking dish. Spoon gingerbread mixture evenly over hot apple pie filling mixture; sprinkle evenly with pecan-and-brown sugar mixture.
Bake at 375° for 30 to 35 minutes or until set. Cool slightly. Serve warm from the pan or chilled. But whatever you do, serve with a
scoop of vanilla bean ice cream or whipped cream...
OR both!!! (I added that part;)



Thanks for visiting!


14 comments:

  1. Ok I love love that kitchen, so inviting! That fritter looks pretty good too sis:)

    Have a great Labor Day weekend!

    love Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Seriously my friend...are you SURE we weren't separated at birth? I love this post, the cows are too stinkin' adorable...the barns are fabulous and you've just reminded me I can't WAIT to go apple picking this year!

    Oh, plus you just gave me the dessert I'm making for a dinner next week, thanks.

    I hope you are well, said a prayer for you this morning!

    Have a blessed day!
    Trudy

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a darling post...I especially like Annabelle! hugs♥olive

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oooh what precious babies! And I love their farm and barn... the outbuildings by the pond look just gorgeous, and I also love the vintage truck! Cinnamon donuts and apple fritters sound sooo good, and well, nothing beats a carmel apple! Thanks for sharing such a wonderful post!... xoxo Julie Marie

    ReplyDelete
  5. OK, this was the most FUN place to visit! Love the animals. You have a great story telling ability! And you have apples! Sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi there~ :)
    I love your barn photos, and the animals too!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a fun little story -and annabelle is so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Delightful.....and that is why I visit you. My soul can smile!

    ReplyDelete
  9. can you see that I am absolutely drueling? wonderful wonderful pics! and yes, I love Anna belle too.
    Thanks for joining my Barn Chicks friend...

    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gmorn, Suzanne ~ What an adorable write ... the wee ones are too cute!
    I think I've gained more junk in my trunk just by visiting you ... deelish & inviting.

    Have a beautiful & safe holiday weekend.
    TTFN ~ Hugs, Marydon

    ReplyDelete
  11. oh may I use your Annabelle pic on my blog for a followup?

    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  12. The picture of the baby calf brought back so many memories. I was raised on a small farm & I remember bottle feeding our calves. So much fun.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I absolutely love your pictures and your blog. Following you from MBC. Come by and visit me online if you get a moment.

    Leigh,
    http://HolisticHealthMaven.blogspot.com
    http://HomeBusinessGPS.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. It looks like a delightful day! Annabelle is so adorable. That cobbler is definitely going into my recipe box. I hope you are feeling well and withstanding your treatments okay. I loved your lemonade post, it was very inspirational!

    ReplyDelete

So, what do ya think? Do tell...I'd love to hear it:) Be Happy...

Follow Me on Pinterest

Blog Top Sites