Friday, August 13, 2010

A Few Rules of Life...

 Well...maybe not rules but tips.
Or suggestions.
Guess this is just where I'm at these days:)
Tip number one...
don't bother reading further if you're hoping to find some 
terribly intellectual thoughts.
(Haven't spent much time around here, have you?)

Okay, so here we go...

Remember coloring?
I always loved to color.
One of the things I looked forward to was coloring with
my grandchildren.
I'm still looking forward to it...
but now they will probably be much better at it than me:)
So color a picture and give it to someone to make them smile...
like you did when you were 5.
I know it would make me smile:)



Ever heard of tying a string on your finger to remember
to do something?
How about this...
remember to tell someone that you love them:)



Take a nap.
They don't call it "beauty sleep" for nothing!



Spend time with a friend...



Buy some bright, fun rain boots...
and go splash in a puddle



Whipped cream goes with everything...
so the next time someone asks if you want whipped cream on top...
say YES !!!!!!!!!!!
And by the way, if you've never squirted whipped cream 
straight from the can into your mouth, 
you've totally missed out on one of life's greatest treats!



Okay...
admit it.
At some time in your life you were either yelled at for
jumping on the bed...
or maybe you did the yelling.
So today...
jump on the bed.


It's fun...and the same people who say it ruins the mattress
are the same ones who say eating cookie dough will kill you.
Please...how many people do YOU know who died from eating cookie dough???
I know...salmonella...but I survived sneaking dough...and you will too.
So this brings me to the next one...
 EAT THE COOKIE DOUGH!
Go ahead...lick the spoon or the beater:)
You know you want to!!!



And please forgive me for one more food item...

Oh yeah...I believe in that one for sure!


Well, that's it for today.
Another not so brilliant blog post from me!
Looks like I can cross at least one thing off my "to do" list for today.


Hope you all have a wonderful Friday!!!!

7 comments:

  1. Ha, that's my favorite to do list for the day!
    Do whatever you want and enjoy it!
    xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this post! You are so right my dear, we don't want to miss out on such great things in life.

    I love that you mentioned coloring. I was never so great at it, but it reminded me of my mom's love of coloring...and she is so great at it too. I can't wait to watch her color with Benjamin someday!

    Hope you had a great trip to get Taylor and that things are going well at your place.

    Have a blessed weekend!
    Trudy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Girl - you crack me up.
    I loved this. To me it says "I'm feeling MUCH better and I got my sense of humor back!"
    WHOO HOOO!!!!!
    What I want to know is - how do you find all the graphics? It must've taken you HOURS!
    Love this - especially EATING THE COOKIE DOUGH!
    RIGHT ON!!!!
    Well, and the whipped cream . . . (hehehe) Done it MANY a time! :)
    I hope you have just a wonderful weekend! I'm glad you popped by to say hello. I've been thinking boutcha!
    Big hugs! Karen

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh this is a great post! It made me feel good just reading it. I love cookie dough and whip cream, but most of all coloring! I don't know about you, but I use to trace around the picture with a dark color so I wouldn't go out of the lines! I just know I'm not the only one :)
    I hope you feeling well, and hope you have a wonderful weekend!
    XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  5. I didn't bake cupcakes today but I did bake a birthday cake and ate a slice too!

    I used to love coloring so much, in fact I still colored while in college!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Now you just described a perfect way to spend a day. I'm off to the fridge now for that can of Redi whip and Punkin is snoozing on the couch with his mouth open. Get back jack I'm on this! XXXMollye

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think the cookie dough tastes better than the dough, especially chocolate chip! I love to color too. I hope you have a great weekend Suzanne and eat a cupcake for me, with whipped cream on top!

    ReplyDelete

So, what do ya think? Do tell...I'd love to hear it:) Be Happy...

Follow Me on Pinterest

Blog Top Sites