Thursday, March 4, 2010

5 Things I am Happy for Today...

1. First of all, I am happy I haven't lost my mind.
For those of you who know me well, this marks day 4
(well, day 3 1/2 if you're counting:-) of a very long month.
And losing my sanity is a very real possibility.
In fact, I might be close. Really close!
But I am happy it hasn't quite come to that.

2. Biscotti! Seriously...morning coffee + biscotti = Happy day!!!
(I even considered naming my dog Biscotti.
Cute, huh?
Except he turned out to be a 65lb goldendoodle...


not exactly how you picture a dog named Biscotti:-)
Anyway, I tried to make it once but it didn't quite turn out.
I love the gingerbread/white chocolate flavor but it's hard to find these days so
if anyone has a recipe for ANY biscotti, preferably a foolproof one,
please let me know.
I will be your new best friend!!!!

3. I am happy that I might be raising my very own Martha Stewart.
(well, in all the good ways:-)
Taylor loves to cook and reads all kinds of cooking blogs,
as well as sharing her own baking blog with her sister.
I'm convinced she is Martha's most loyal reader.
She subscribes to every cooking and crafting email by her that she can.
And look what she made this weekend, thanks to you know who
(No, not me...Mrs. S:-)
Tissue Paper Pom Poms!!!



Sooooo cute...
Don't you love creative people?
And now I have one of my own! Yea!!!

4. I am happy that Jordie decided to make dinner one night, searched the cookbooks for a new recipe, found one in my old cooking light book, tweaked it a bit to make it her own...and voila!
A new family favorite!!!
It's called Ravioli Soup...and it is Yum-my!!!!!

Recipe:
1 (14 1/2 oz) can stewed tomatoes, chopped up a bit (with juice)
1 (14 1/2 oz.) can ft-free low sodium chicken broth
3/4 tsp italian seasoning
3 cups ravioli or tortellini (we use Buitoni mini raviolis)
1/4 tsp ground pepper
Shredded Parmesan cheese
***You can add any seasonings to spice it up and of course, various veggies if you like. (Zucchini works well)
This is Jordie's version...and it is simple and GOOD!
Directions:
Combine first 3 ingredients in a large saucepan; bring to a boil. Cover, reduce heat and simmer 5 minutes. Add ravioli and any veggies if you choose. Bring to a boil then cover and reduce heat to a simmer for 7-8 minutes or until pasta is tender.
***Add some crusty french bread and a salad and you will have a wonderful comfort food dinner!
P.S...while googling images of ravioli soup because I forgot to take pics, I saw many recipes for this dish. I have to say though, this one is probably a bit lighter than most and has only a few simple ingredients, such as Buitoni ravioli, so that makes it super good in my book:-)
5. And what makes me happiest today????? BABY NEWS!!!!! My niece Kristin is expecting a baby this Fall... and this is how her adorable little boys told us.


So exciting!!!
Now clearly she (and Jeff, of course:-) have a way with cute little boys... but since I am in desperate need of some tutu models... it might be easier to convince them to help me out if they had a girl:-) haha
See...
really happy news!




9 comments:

  1. Hi Suzanne; Wow how nice to have a budding cook in the family, and too have two wonderful crafty girls love the huge pom pom looks great. Congratulations on the wonderful new's I hope that it is a little Tutu girl.... have a great week.

    Hugs;
    Alaura

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love what your daughter can do! I was a huge Martha Stewart follower before children - now there's just no time to watch or craft! But I would LOVE to raise a daughter who loved to make beautiful and yummy things! What a blessing! I'm gonna have to get my 4 year old on the newsletter list hehe!!!

    By the way, March 20th we celebrate my daughter's 5th birthday and she'll be sporting the tutu you sent! She loves it! I'll be sure to send you a picture after the party!

    Much love,
    Courtney
    http://www.womenlivingwell-courtney.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, it's a really happy day for you! I love (and miss) biscotti myself but have never attempted to make it at home. Why ruin what somebody else does SO WELL already?

    I know what this month brought for you and I'm praying that all goes well my friend. Just cling to all of this happiness!

    Tell Taylor the pom poms are stinkin' adorable! I wish I had a creative bone in my body!

    God bless!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So much to love in this post!!! I want to try that ravioli soup! Your daughter and those tissue balls...wow, those are amazing!!!

    I've never tried biscotti!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great post! Your daughter will make some man happy one day with her talents! Lucky for you too.
    Your dog is so cute, and biscotti would be a cute name! Speaking of biscotti:
    http://www.joyofbaking.com/biscotti/Biscotti.html
    There are some good recipes here.
    Let me know if you find a good one!
    XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have really happy news too... my grandson was born this morning! A healthy precious bundle of joy! Thank you Lord for this child we have prayed for.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great way to find out about the new baby...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh Girly, You do have lots of Happy News today! Congrats to all and what a cute pooch. C'mon over and see who your Bunny Swap Partner is. XXMollye

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks Sue!! We're hoping for a "tutu model" too!!

    That recipe looks good of Jordie's. . I'm gonna have to try it! :)

    ReplyDelete

So, what do ya think? Do tell...I'd love to hear it:) Be Happy...

Follow Me on Pinterest

Blog Top Sites