Sunday, September 6, 2009

She Had Style...

...as well as grace and elegance.







I came across some photos of Jacquelyn Kennedy Onassis the other day and that is what came to my mind...style, elegance and grace. Not to mention beauty.



It's so confusing when you get to be a 40 something like me. What is style anymore? I love to shop but I seem to walk into stores and back out again, empty-handed. My "style", for lack of a better word, is casual. But it is not typical "mom" style...I know that for sure.


For some reason, it's important to dress like "me"...which is casual with a twist.

I like the sound of that. But if I ever decided to change (which I'm not planning at the moment) it would be Jackie's classic style I would go for. Look at her...she must have been some first lady!



Here are the essentials of Jackie's style, minus the pillbox hat:

Things You'll Need:

  • Shift Dress
  • Pearls
  • White Gloves
  • Simple Pea Coats with Big Buttons
  • Formal Gowns
  • Oversized Jackie-O Sunglasses
  • Black Turtlenecks
  • "Jackie" Handbag
  • Cartier Tank Watch

...And one of my all-time quotes ...




8 comments:

  1. OMG - love the jackie o pics. love her and keep 'em comin. found you from THIRD TIME'S A CHARM. come and see me and if you decide to follow, i'll be sure to return the favor.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jackie O and her "look" is timeless. Found you through How to Survive Life in the Suburbs and I am following. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wasn't there something special about women in earlier decades? I just think women were such pure beauties and so classically elegant.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your Jackie pics. You also set them off very nicely with the black frames. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I absolutely love Jackie O! I agree with Pink Martini...you have done a beautiful job displaying all of the photos!

    ReplyDelete
  6. love that quote - makes you think twice when they are driving you crazy :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. The classiest lady ever! I love all your Jackie photos:) I also tried to comment on the above post (wasn't able to) and say congratualtions to Taylor--how exciting!

    ReplyDelete

So, what do ya think? Do tell...I'd love to hear it:) Be Happy...

Follow Me on Pinterest

Blog Top Sites